Saturday, October 27, 2007

Another hurdle may be covered! A friend of mine called Haiti with me on the line today and she talked to our birth mom. Okay, so we initially got cut off because our birth mom's phone discharged, but after numerous attempts, we managed to reach her. When we figured out that she didn't have a translator and my friend's Kreyol abilities were taxed, we went hunting for a translator in Haiti. This took another hour. We eventually had a weird situation. I was on the phone with my friend who was online in a chat with her friend in Haiti who was on the phone with our birth mom. She was sooooo happy that we called her. I could hear it in her voice, too. She said she WILL go to the appointment on Wednesday. YEA! I had two plane tickets on hold to leave on Monday, but now we can wait to go. I am SO thankful for that. We are going to call again tomorrow just to say "hi". We are sending photos Fed Ex to her as well. She won't receive them until Friday, but we told her they would be coming and she was really happy about that. At least from this side of things, we seem to be heading in a good direction.


Now we just have to pray that Wednesday goes well and that the U.S. Government will see fit to finish our paperwork and NOT require DNA testing (to prove that the birth mom is Janae's biological mother). It doesn't usually take them long to approve a file so we'll be waiting to see what happens after the situation with the last interview. We still haven't received the letter that they sent us (most likely denying our application). It would be great if we already had approval when the letter arrives. A girl can dream.


So now we pray for Wednesday. And now I can unpack and go to bed at a decent time. smile.gif


God bless you all!
~Zaz

1 comment:

Micha said...

Praying every day!!!