Monday, June 18, 2007

Our birthmom didn't show again today and our paperwork expired at 5 pm. It wasn't a priority for her to show up. She thinks she should be done by now. She's right, of course. It's been almost 18 months since our paperwork got to Haiti. At least she hasn't changed her mind. We just have to convince her to go to her appointment. I'm writing her a letter with photos attached tonight and emailing it down to the orphanage. They are going to use it to try to get her to come in. She really wanted photos.


On another downer, I found out that the US Immigration office JUST RECENTLY raised their fees. Argh. Tell me that anyone else thinks it's fair that we have to pay another $600 for them to put a few new pieces of paper in our file and fax them to Haiti. Truly, I will be advocating for adoption reform when this is over. For now, I need to concentrate my efforts on my daughter.


I'd still love to have a few prayers. It's going to be a while before Janae comes home now. Please pray that our paperwork moves in record time and that our birthmom decides that she can spend a bit of time to get this finished.


Many thanks!

~Zaz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zaz, I'm truly sorry for this delay in brining Janae home! I'll continue to keep everyone in my prayers. Major hugs for you!