Friday, June 15, 2007

I didn't feel like posting last night. Our birthmom didn't show. Our processor called and talked to her sister and told her that our paperwork is expiring on Monday. For the first time since we started this process almost a year and a half ago, I got scared. It isn't about the timing. If the paperwork expires, we'll deal with that. But if the birthmom decides she doesn't want us adopting Janae (wow, that was hard to type), she still has that option. The wording on the Haitian court documents makes it so that birthparents can evidently change their minds. The US government is trying to change that, but it might be too late for us. I don't know. I'm so afraid I made a bad impression on Adline. Haitians can be very hard to read. I have no idea how she feels about me. Now that she's missed two appointments, I really have to wonder.



Okay, so you've now just witnessed my human side. Today I feel frail and helpless. I worried last night about how I would tell Isaiah if things went badly. But today is a new day. I'm going to hold on to my "adoption verse" with both hands. Here it is:



Philippians 4:4-7

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.



So I'm asking anyone who is reading this to please pray today. Ask for God's will in all of our lives - ours, Adline's, Janae's. Then whatever happens, happens. And we will move forward, praising God either way. Years ago I told God that I trusted Him. I need to keep trusting. He has taken such good care of us when I let Him lead.



I will do my best to update again tonight. Thanks for praying with us!


~Zaz

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Zaz. So much swirling about around you. It must be hard but what a SOLID scripture to hold on to!! You'll be in my prayers, hon.

~Ang(rocamp)

Anonymous said...

Praying and thinking of you - let me know if you want a playdate to get your mind of things this weekend!