Sunday, June 10, 2007

It seems that I don't like posting on my blog. I haven't figured out why though. :)


A lot has happened since my last post. I might have to post in chunks since I don't think I have the stamina to put it all down at once (I broke my elbow last year and typing still hurts). So bear with me. Please.


First things first. I was in Haiti last week and got to know my daughter. It was great. I also got to see all the kids at the orphanage. I was sad that so many of them were still there from last year, but many are almost ready to go to their new homes. Janae Barbara is one of them. We are awaiting her Haitian passport and US Immigration. But we are in a bit of a crunch. Our US paperwork expires (only good for 18 months) on Monday, June 18th. If we cannot provide them with the paperwork they require they will close our case until we refile and pay a fee of $545. That will take several more months. We need that Haitian passport. If we have that, we can likely get things finished up. The likelihood of that happening without an act of God is VERY slight. So, with that in mind...


PRAYER REQUEST:
Please pray that God would have great mercy on us and get our passport through very quickly. This is a mountain, but God is SOOOO much bigger than this. If it is His will, He can do it in a split second. Also, Janae's birthmom is supposed to have her interview on Wednesday, June 13th. I met her last week. I'm hoping I made a good enough impression that she is willing to continue this process. Even though Janae is legally ours in Haiti, her birthmom could still disrupt everything. We pray that she has peace about all this.


I will do my utmost to update this blog daily during the upcoming week. I know how much we all like to keep up with the things we are praying for.


Thanks for reading!
~Zaz

No comments: